I picked up a box of Weet-Bix (or Weetabix in other parts of the world) but instead of throwing a few into a bowl and sloshing some milk on top, I turned on the oven.
Actually I got a, ‘Mmmm. Good. More?’
But I knew what she meant.
- 3 Weet-Bix bars (or 3/4 cup of a plain type of cereal or oats)
- 1 small ripe or overripe banana
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1–2 tsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit). In a mixing bowl, crush your cereal into small pieces. I just used my hands to break up the Weet-Bix I was using.
- Mash in your banana, peanut butter and honey until it all comes together in a big, sticky ball.
- Press the mixture into a small over-proof pan. I used a tempered glass container.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges turn nice and crispy.
- Enjoy with a nice cup of tea (for adults) or strawberry milk (for adults or kids).