Each of these three things is exactly what you get at Hoo Ha Bar, which is set up as a cosy home-away-from-home, tucked away just behind the hustle and bustle of the Southbank restaurant precinct in South Brisbane.
So what's all the Hoo Ha all about at this place? Let's find out.
Reading the cocktail menu makes you feel like you've just opened an old Batman Comic. You can have the WHAM! espresso martini, ZAP! tropicana, or KA_POW! mojito. Below we went for:
- OUCH!: A collaboration of fruity favourites. Citrus infused vodka, plum jam, lemon juice, pink grapefruit juice, peach bitters. Shaken and served short with maraschino cherries.
- Newstead Brewing Co, India Pale Ale
I loved the attention to detail with my OUCH! cocktail. The blend of fruity flavours worked so well on a warm afternoon and was topped off nicely with a twist of lemon.
If you like your local craft beers, you can definitely find something to your taste here. The Newstead Brewing Co India Pale Ale was biscuity and spicy, making for a beautifully well-rounded bevvy.
I've been keen for awhile to test out their craftiness so was stoked with the chance to try out four brews here.
- Biscuit Bomb Brown Ale
- Wet Hop Harvest Ale
- Wolf Scratch Pale Ale
- Summer Smasher Wheat Ale
All of these brews made for a brilliant representation of each of the various beer types. The stand out for us was the Wolf Scratch Pale Ale which poured clear and had lovely hints of tropical fruit throughout.
Hoo Ha recently launched a new menu which is creative, affordable, and most importantly- delicious.
From the breakfast/ lunch menu we had:
- Panko-crumbed avocado, crème fraiche, poached field mushrooms, tendrils & toasts
- Grilled chorizo burger, fried free-range egg, Monterey Jack cheese, greens & sriracha mayo on warmed ciabatta
The panko-crumbed avocado was like no other avocado I'd eaten before. Beautifully crisp on the outside and at its perfect ripeness, this is going to make me feel a little let-down every time I eat un-pankoed avocado now.
The chorizo burger was so moreish with it's oozy fried egg. We absolutely loved the fresh bun on this as well.
- Hoo Ha Bar can be found at 41 Tribune St, South Brisbane 4101
- Open 7 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Breakfast/ Lunch mains $9 - $16.
Tanya dined as a guest of Hoo Ha Bar.