We had a bit of a craving when we were cruising around Brisbane’s West-side and decided to try out the relatively new Chidos Mexican Grill at Graceville.
Let’s taco ‘bout how we fared.
We opted for:
- Burrito Bowl: Char Grilled or Shredded Meats with Lime Coriander Rice, Black Beans, Pico De Gallo, Cheese in a crispy Tortilla bowl
- Quesadillas: Fresh Tortilla with Cheese and Salsas and Char Grilled or Shredded Meat with Pico De Gallo
For the meat fillings we tried:
- Pulled Australian Pork with Chipotle slowly braised for 8 hours
- Slow cooked shredded Angus Beef with Chipotle
- Char grilled farm raised Chicken marinated with Chipotle
My burrito bowl was a winner, with the shredded angus beef just melting in your mouth. The rice was basmati too which is a nice low-GI healthy option, and was tasty with a hint of lime throughout.
All ingredients come straight from local markets and it shows with the beautifully fresh veggies in this bowl.
The Quesadillas weren't presented as prettily as the burrito bowl, but were extremely tasty nonetheless. Again the different meats we went for were perfectly cooked and had just the right amount of spice in them.
Hunger is nacho problem anymore.